For this project you will need:
- plywood - 4 mm thick
- white, green and light brown acrylic paints
- left over piece of green Christmas fabric
- wooden star in gold
- pinking shears
- stick glue
- thin gold decorating wire
- green ribbon
- drill with 1.5 mm bit
- thicker wire for hanging
- wood glue
1. Print out the pattern and transfer the markings onto the wood.
2. Saw out the stocking and sand it smooth. Basecoat the stocking in white and let it dry.
3. Paint the cuff, toe and heel of the stocking in dark green and let the paint dry.
4. Dry brush light brown paint on the edges where the white paint is seen. Also drybrush the areas where the white paint touches the green paint.
5. Dry brush the stocking cuff, heel and toe edges with white paint.
6. Using pinking shears, cut a small square piece of fabric out and stick it onto the stocking using the stick glue.
7. Glue the wooden star onto the stocking slightly over the piece of fabric. Let it dry. Drill 2 small holes (to look like a button) through the wooden star and through the stocking.
8. From the backside of the stocking, insert the wire through both holes of the stocking and through the wooden star button, coming out on the front side again. Twist the wire and let around 3 cm ends hang. The rest gets cut away.
9. Make a ribbon bow and glue it to the stocking as seen in the picture.
10. Drill a small hole in the top of the stocking. Coil the thicker wire and insert it into the hole to use for hanging.