1. Print out the pattern to the size you would like and transfer one mitten to your wood. Turn the pattern and transfer the second mitten so that the mitten fronts are reversed.
2. Saw the mittens out and base coat them with white acrylic paint and let thoroughly dry.
3. Paint the bottom mitten dark green and let dry. Drybrush the edges with white and use a liner and draw sewing lines with green along the cuff.
4. Dip your toothbrush in the paint and sprinkle white paint onto your mitten for a winter look.
5. Find a font on your computer or in the internet and create the words “Happy Winter”. Transfer the words on the mittens and paint with white. Once dry, take a liner and enhance inside the words with green paint.
6. Spray clear sealer on the pieces if desired.
7. Drill a hole in the top of each cuff. Coil the wire and insert each end in a hole of the mitten. Pull slightly to a length you like.
8. Tie the top of the mittens with raffia.
For this project you will need:
- plywood - 10 mm thick
- acrylic paints in the colors of dark green and white or colors of
- various paintbrushes
- basic scroll sawing supplies
- drill with 3.5 mm bit
- craft wire
- green raffia