1. Print out and enlarge the pattern of the tree to the size you desire. In this picture, the larger tree measures about 50 cm and the smaller one measures about 30 cm.
2. Print out the star pattern to a size that measures about 4 cm point to point. Transfer this star 10 times on the 4mm plywood.
3. On the 8cm plywood piece, transfer the 2 tree sizes and saw them out. Sand the pieces down afterwards.
4. With the larger bit, drill 10 holes in the tree at random points on the tree
5. Drill a hole in the center of each star.
6. Design a roundish shaped base for the trees. It should be wide and long enough for the trees to stand comfortably on. This design gets transferred onto the 18mm board and sawed out. Sand the piece down.
7. Paint all sides of the trees in dark green and the tops and sides of the stars in red.
8. Once dried, dry brush the edges with white.
9. Dip the toothbrush into white paint and sprinkle the trees and stars with the paint. You do this by rubbing your thumb over the bristles over your object and letting the paint splatter.
10. Dry brush the edge of the base piece white. Once dry, dry brush with brown paint and sprinkle with brown paint.
11. Line up the holes and glue the stars over the holes drilled in the tree.
12. With the 3,2 mm drill bit, drill a hole in the bottoms of both trees and also 2 holes in the base where the trees will be standing.
13. Put a small amount of glue on the bottom of the trees and screw them onto the board.
14. Insert the light strand from behind the tree.