1. Print out the pattern. You will need to enlarge both pieces so that the tree measures 45 cm high and the snowman measures 30 cm high. Transfer the markings onto the wood. The tree and snowman are made using the 10 mm wood and the hands, hat, nose and sign are made using the 6 mm wood.
2. Saw out the pieces and sand them smooth.
3. Paint all of the pieces in white except the sign, hat and nose. Those get painted accordingly.
4. When the paint is dry, add snow paste to the tree, the base, the top of the hat and a bit on the sign. This will need to dry thoroughly before continuing.
5. Now dry brush the edges with contrasting colors. Blue works well with white for a winter touch, red got used for the nose and white got used on the black areas..
6. Glue the hat and nose on the snowman. Glue the hands on the sign. Paint the words on the sign, let dry and then glue the sign on the body.
7. Using the 8mm bit or a bit the size of the lights, drill 10 holes in the tree piece in random spaces.
8. Drill 2 holes underneath in the tree and 1 hole underneath the snowman with the 2.5 mm bit.
9. Decide where you would like the pieces sitting on the base and drill also holes in the base coordinating to the pieces. Use a countersink for the holes if you have one so the screws will not scratch any surface. Then screw then the pieces to the base from underneath.
10. Add the lights from the back side of the tree.