For this project you will need:
- 10 mm thick plywood for snowman, tree and base
- 4 mm plywood for snowflake, scarf and nose
- acrylic paints in the colors of white, light blue, orange and red
- flat and round paint brushes
- 2 small wooden bells to use as candle holders
- 2 small candles
- florist wire in grey
- wooden skewer and raffia
- 2 wood screws 3.5 mm thick and 4 cm long
- 2 wood screws 3.0 mm thick and 2.5 cm long
- wood glue
- hot glue gun
- drill with 1.5 and 2.5 mm bits
- clear acrylic sealer
1. Print out all of the patterns to the size you need. The tree needs to be larger than the snowman. Transfer now the patterns onto the appropriate wood pieces. You will need the snowman and tree once. Saw out an oval for the base. You will need the nose and scarf twice. Saw all of the pieces out and sand them smooth.
2. Paint all of the pieces first white and let dry.
3. Paint the carrots orange and when dry, dry brush the edges with red.
4. Paint the hat blue on both sides. Paint the scarves and candle holders also blue. When dry, float white for highlights and add white snowflakes for details.
5. Drybrush the white edges with light blue to give it a wintery look.
6. Use the wood glue and glue the scarf and nose to both sides.
7. Create a snowman broom using a half of the skewer and raffia. Lay this aside.
8. Drill a hole in the bottom of the snowman, tree and the wooden bells. Drill a small hole in the snowflake and snowman hand.
9. Decide where you would like to place your figures on the oval base and drill appropriate holes where the pieces will go.
10. Use the 2 long screws for the snowman and tree and the 2 shorter ones for the bells and assemble the pieces.
11. You may use wood glue to secure the wood bells if necessary.
12. Hot glue the broom to the snowman.