1. First cover the jar lid rim with washi tape to give it a festive look. If the tape is wider than the side of the lid, simply press the remaining tape over the outside of the lid.
2. Because the figure would be half covered by the rim when it is in the jar, it needs to be raised. A piece of an empty kitchen paper roll or other roll was cut into a slice and covered with a piece of cardboard to create a base for the figure and tree.
3. The base is then adhered to the inside of the rim with glue. Place the side up that is covered with the cardboard. Then cover this with foam tape (you could use glue if you want). Then press the tree and the figurine onto the tape.
4. Add a little bit of fake snow to the jar.
5. Screw the prepared lid onto the jar and turn it then over. Your faux “snow globe” is finished.