1. Cut 1 cereal box and 2 pieces of scrapbook paper each 10 x 22 cm (approx. 4 x 8 1/2 inches). Adhere the scrapbook paper to both sides of the cereal box.
2. Crease the decorated cereal box piece 9.75 cm from each short side, so that the middle section is approximately 2.5 cm wide (about 1 inch) and it closes like a book.
3. Take one of the coasters and cut it 2 cm wide (about 3/4 inch). Cover this piece and the other 2 coasters each on one side with scrapbook paper of a second design.
4. Cut 2 pieces of ribbon each about 20 cm long and tape these to both sides of the inside of the “book”. These will later be used to tie the book closed. Adhere the 3 coaster pieces to the inside, covering the taped ends of the ribbon. (see example 1)
5. Roll and glue a piece of scrapbook paper around a small pencil and glue it to the middle of the inside of the book.
6. Adhere an adhesive notepad to the right inside of the book. (see example 2)
7. Die cut your scallops and adhere these to the front of the book.
8. Embellish the front with die cut flowers and a button.
Example 1. Tape the ribbon ends to the inside of both sides of the book and adhere the decorated coasters over them to cover the taped ends.
Example 2. Detail of inside of the notepad holder.