For this project you will need:
- yellow soft felt
- stiff felt in medium to dark yellow for beak, wings and feet
- stiff felt in red for comb and face sack
- yellow satin ribbon for legs
- 2 yellow feathers
- permanent black marker
- sewing thread in medium to dark yellow
- sewing supplies - sewing needle for hand sewing or sewing
- fabric glue
- sharp embroidery needle with large head
- puncher with heart
1. Print out the pattern to a size that you would like to use.
2. Transfer and cut the pieces out of the felt. The body is made using the soft felt and all other pieces using the stiff felt.
3. Lay the first body piece down on the table. Slightly glue the wings and the comb to the body to hold the pieces in place. If you would prefer a hanging chick, lay the open ends of a satin ribbon loop behind the comb.
4. Now slightly glue a feather over each wing.
5. Add a dot of glue to these pieces and lay the top body piece now over the bottom piece. All of the pieces are fixed inside of the body. Make sure the edges of the body are even and that the bottom of the body stays open for stuffing.
4. Take a large head embroidery needle and pull a piece of yellow ribbon through each foot and knot on the backside.
5. Sew the top half of the body together using a zig-zag stitch. Stuff the chick lightly with batting. Pin the legs inside of the chick at the bottom of the body.
6. Now sew the rest of the body closed.
7. Dot 2 eyes on the face and glue on a small triangle for the beak and a heart for the sack.