1. To prevent later shrinkage, wash and iron the fabric before using.
2. This is an example of a hand towel.
3. Cut the webbing away from the bottom of each side of the towel.
4. Once cut, it looks like this.
5. Cut a 5 cm wide strip of Christmas fabric. The width is the width of the towel plus 2 cm seam allowance.
6. Iron over 5 millimeters and then again 5 millimeters on each short side of the Christmas fabric. This will give you a nice side edge that won’t fray. Pin the fabric now to both of the towel pieces you see in step 5, and sew with a 0.75 cm or 1/4 inch seam allowance. Zig-zag stitch the seams and press flat.