Cut the fabric:
- Fabric “A” - 30 x 30 blocks
- Fabric “B” - 12 pieces of 4 x 28 cm strips for the block borders
- Fabric “C” - 12 strips measuring 4 x 28 cm for the block borders, 1
strip measuring 5 cm x 240 cm for the bias (border)
and approximately a 75 x 52 piece for the backside*
- Batting - approximately a 75 x 52 cm piece*
- Scrap Pieces in all 3 colors for the appliques
* after sewing the 6 blocks together and ironing them, measure the length and width to get the exact size you need for the backside and for the batting!
The quilt is made very similar to this Spring Butterfly quilt and this Easter Patchwork Quilt
Print out each of the pattern pages so that they fit the printer paper. Transfer the markings on the back of the fusible web and iron on the appropriate fabrics. More here about fusing fabric
Cut 6 beige blocks 30 cm x 30 in size. Follow the tutorial here for the spring quilt >>> Step 1 - Creating the Appliques and Preparing the Blocks and replace the blocks and applications with these from this Christmas quilt.
Now you will want to assemble the blocks. Follow the tutorial here >>> Step 2 - Sewing the Blocks Together
Now it is time for the final step >>> Step 3 - Adding the Binding, Stitching the Appliques and Adding the Hanging Loops
We added a rod to hanging the quilt instead of loops. To do this, sew the rod inside of the bias at the top before hand closing it and glue a wooden ball to each side.
Free Patterns: Reindeer and Star Mitten and Stocking Tree, Presents and Sleigh