1. Cut out a piece of green cardstock with the pinking shears.
2. Cut out a slightly larger piece of white cardstock with the pinking shears.
3. Cut out a slightly larger piece of gold cardstock with the pinking shears.
4. Tape the beginning of the thread to the back of the green cut out piece. Proceed to wrap horizontal from one side to the other and continue wrapping until you reached the top of the piece. Occasionally, you may want to tape the strings down on the backside to help them stay in place. Also do the same when you wrap in the other directions, too.
5. Continue wrapping, only this time wrap vertically until the end is reached.
6. Using the same string, wrap diagonally in the same manner.
7. Once completely wrapped, secure the end of the thread to the back of the green piece.
8. Glue the green piece onto the white piece, the white piece onto the gold piece and then the gold piece onto the green card.
9. Glue the gold star onto the card and let it thoroughly dry.