1. Print out the template page to fit the printer paper fully. Then glue the page to a piece of cardboard such as a cereal box. Cut out the pieces so you can trace around them. Then trace each piece on the appropriate colored paper.
2. Use a pencil darker than the shade of paper and color along the edge of each piece.
3. This is how the pieces look now.
4. Now you can glue the bird together. Start by gluing the beak onto the bird.
5. Then glue on the red piece.
6. The beige piece gets glued on next.
7. The next piece to be glued on is the tail feathers piece.
8. Then glue on the wing. This should cover the beige piece and the tail feathers.
9. Glue the second foot behind the body.
10. Punch out a black circle using the hole puncher. Glue it as an eye on the face. Then take a white color pencil and add a speckle to the eye.