1. Print out the bird pattern to about 15 cm wide and transfer the markings onto your chosen fabric. Add a 0.75 mm (about 1/4 inch) seam allowance to the pattern. You will need two body pieces (one in reverse) and 4 wing pieces (2 in reverse). Cut out one beak piece out of the felt.
2. Pin the two body pieces together. Insert the beak with the pointed end towards the inside of the fabric. Sew around the edge of the bird, leaving an opening at the top for turning. Then sew the wing pieces, also leaving an opening for turning.
3. Clip around the bird and the wing pieces and then turn the bird. Stuff lightly.
4. Sew the opening closed. Sew the wing to the body with a few stitches. Repeat for the second wing.
5. Sew a bead to each side of the bird’s head.