1. Paint the face with clear varnish and paint the body in an acrylic paint of choice and set aside to dry.
2. In the meantime, add the natural colored wooden beads to the chenille piece.
3. To make the girl’s hair, cut about 5 or 6 pieces of yarn. Hold the lengths together and tie off at the middle like in the picture below. Glue this onto the top of the head. For the boy, just cut a couple of short lengths of yarn and glue around the head.
4. Create the hat by cutting the felt circle into half and then half again so you have a quarter of the circle. Fold the straight edge over and form a cone and glue closed.
5. Now glue the hat onto the head of hair. Trim hair if necessary.
6. Tie a ribbon around the neck as a scarf. Glue the center of the chenille arms on the backside of the ribbon and bring hands towards the front.
7. Glue on the nose and draw the face details with a black pen.
8. To finish off, add buttons and other details such as a ribbon for the hat, the pom-pom and a star to hold in the hands.