For this project you will need:
- empty paper mache box with lid or other choice of
- white and gold acrylic paint
- cracking medium
- decoupage glue
- paper napkin with angel motif
- flat 1/2 “ wide paint brush
- soft paint brush
1. Making sure your box is dust free, apply a coat of gold paint to both the lid and the bottom piece. Let the paint thoroughly dry.
2. Add a thick but even coat of cracking medium to the top of the lid and let this dry.
3. Using the flat paint brush, apply one thick coat of white paint now on the lid. * It is important not to go over or repaint your strokes again as this will ruin the cracking effect *. As the paint is drying, you will notice the cracks appearing. This makes a wonderful antique effect on your box.
4. Once the paint is dry you can apply the paper napkin. Cut one or two small motifs exactly out and apply according to the instructions in the paper napkin applique tutorial below.
5. Apply at least two more coats of the decoupage glue on the lid letting the glue dry thoroughly each time before adding new coat.