1. Print out the heart pattern to a size you like. This particular heart was printed to the largest size possible for the printer paper. Then adhere the heart pattern to the backside of a cereal box. Cut the shape out and now you have a sturdy template that can be used for this project as well as other projects in the future. Now trace the around the template on a piece of white cardstock.
2. Cut out the white heart shape.
3. Cut lots of glitter paper pieces in all sorts of shapes. Triangles work well but you will need some other geometric shapes, too. The shapes do not have to be perfect and can be larger and smaller. A variety of sizes is better to work with.
4. Start at any side of the heart and glue the first piece of glitter paper. Make sure to leave a white border on all sides of the paper for the mosaic effect.
5. Continue adding more cut out shapes, always leaving a border around each piece. If you come to a point where you do not have the proper sized shape you need, just cut a piece to fit as necessary.
6. For the white highlight, just cut a few pieces of white glitter paper and glue them to one of the top sides of the heart. If you want the heart to be all one color, you can omit this step.