Illustrated Craft Tutorial:
1. First take a piece of the clay and soften it in your hands.
2. Then press the clay into the mold. At this point it does not have to be perfect.
3. Use the rolling pin to press the clay really into all of the details of the mold and give it a smooth appearance from the back side. Press side to side and from top to bottom.
4. Using the rolling pin also presses out and excess clay. You can see the edges of the shape now.
5. Use the back edge of the knife (not the cutting edge) to trim the excess clay now away.
6. Now the shape looks smooth and perfect.
7. Turn the mold over and press the shape through.
8. If the edges look rough, you can make them smooth with your fingers. Then use a stylus or round object to poke a hole through the top for hanging.
9. Then place your shapes on a radiator or a cookie drying rack where it is warm to dry. Because the shapes are thin, they will usually be dry overnight. But that will solely depend on the temperature and humidity of the room they are drying in.