1. Place strips of double-sided tape all around your can. The more you use, the better the ribbons will hold. Cover the can so that each starting point of the ribbons is in the same place. Once you have covered your can, cover these cut edges of the ribbons with a vertical ribbon piece.
2. Trace the lid of the can on a piece of cardboard and cut out. Then draw a second line about 3-5 mm from the outside edge. This will later be your cutting edge.
3. Turn the cardboard over and cover it with double-sided adhesive. Then cover the cardboard with ribbon strips. Let them hang over the edge somewhat. This will anyway be later cut away.
4. Once covered, turn the lid over.
5. Cut the excess away by cutting along the inside line.
5. Then glue the cardboard to the lid of the can. Afterwards, glue a button in the center of the lid and create a bow of several ribbons to glue onto the side of the can.