For this project you will need:
- wooden boards or slats with a width of 7 cm and 6 mm
thick (length is your choice)
- 4 mm thick plywood
- 6mm wide wooden dowel
- 3 cornered wooden stick for base
- acrylic paints in red/brown mix, light brown, dark brown,
green and beige
- drill with 2.2 mm, 6 mm and 20 mm bits
- metal craft wire
- wood glue
1. Print your pattern out so that the width of the birdhouse on the pattern measures 7 cm. Trace the birdhouse pattern onto the wooden board and cut to the length of your choice.
2. Trace the heart, sign and roof patterns onto the 4mm plywood.
3. Saw the pieces out and slightly sand smooth. Saw 2 x9 cm lengths of the 3 corned wooden stick and paint them the same color as the corresponding birdhouse.
4. Paint the birdhouses green and dark red and let the dry.
5. Paint the roof pieces light brown and also let them dry.
6. Paint the sign beige and the heart dark red and let dry.
7. Once everything is dry, drill the necessary holes in the birdhouses.
8. Glue the rooftops onto the birdhouses.
9. Glue the dowels into the 6mm holes.
10. Glue the 3 cornered pieces at the base of the birdhouse in both front and back. This will help the birdhouse stand on its own.
11. Drybrush all of the edges of all of the pieces with dark brown.
12. Drill the holes in the small parts and insert a wire to make a hanger. Coil the edges.
13. Hang the sign or heart on the wooden dowels.