1. Paint the witch’s head and let paint dry. Make the hat following the instructions below and using the patterns below.
2. In the meantime, cut a round piece of felt to cover the clay pot and glue it on with hot glue. This is the dress. Now, cut a second piece smaller than the first to use as a cape and glue in the middle over the dress.
3. Take the chenille and find the center. Glue this center to the center of the backside of the clay pot. Pull the ends to the front side of the clay pot. Snip 2 holes on the front side of the dress where the 2 ends of the chenille touch. Pull the chenille ends through the holes. These are the arms. Insert a wooden bead on each chenille end for the hands.
3. Take about 20 pieces of yarn 8-10 cm long and tie off in the middle. Glue this middle onto the head as hair and arrange the hair in place.
4. Glue the hat over the hair.
5. Dot on 2 black eyes and when dry, add a light reflection on each eye.
6. For the nose, paint one end of a toothpick orange and break off when dry. Insert the end with the broken edge in the styrofoam ball.
7. Draw a mouth using a fine black permanent marker.
8. Create a broom by tie a small bundle of raffia to one end of a wooden skewer. Shorten the other end of the skewer as necessary and place in the hands of the witch.
How to Make a Witch’s Hat Using Cardstock
To make the witch’s hat, follow the pictured step-by-step tutorial below.
1. To make the hat, print out the patterns. Form the a cone out of the half circle shape. Cut the dotted lines on the circle shape.
2. Take the stylus and score the space between the “pie” pieces.
3. Bend the “pie” pieces upwards.
4. Place glue on the outside of the pieces and then place the cone shape over these. Press these pieces inside of the cone and let dry.
5. This is how the finished hat looks and is ready to use for the witch.