- packaging box or shoe box with lid (This large box
contained only 1 CD - Rom and was really a waste
of material. Instead of landing in the paper trash, it
gets recycled and becomes a great Halloween gift
- white and orange acrylic paint
- crackling medium
- paper napkin with pumpkin motifs (the best is to find a
motif that covers half of the napkin)
- modge podge or paper napkin applicating glue
- paint brushes
1. First you will paint the box with 2 coats of orange paint letting it dry after each coat.
2. Now paint an even layer of crackling medium on the box. Let it dry throuroughly before continuing.
3. This is the fun part! Paint white paint over the box. The crackling medium almost immediately starts to crack. Make sure not paint over previous brush strokes or the effect will be ruined. You can get larger cracks if you use the blow dryer to dry the paint.
4. Once the box is dry, the paper napkin motif gets added. Follow the instructions in steps 3 and 4 in this tutorial for applying the napkin.