1. Print out the template and transfer the markings onto felt. You will need 2 owl body pieces, 1 owl center piece (very large circle), 4 wing pieces, 2 each of the three smaller circles (these are the eyes), 1 beak and 2 feet.
2. Sew each pair of wings together, leaving an opening for turning. Once turned, hand sew the opening closed and use a decorative stitch to outline the shape if you like.
3. On one of the owl body pieces, use the sewing machine to sew on the round center piece, then the beak and then the eyes in that order. Use a decorative stitch (like the middle circle of this owl) around the edges if you like when sewing the pieces onto the body.
4. Place the front owl body face down and pin the feet so that the toes are facing upward. Place the second body piece now on top of the first and sew both together, leaving an opening on the side for turning. Turn the owl and flatten the seams. The feet should now be facing downwards. Fill the owl with batting as soft or as stiff as you like and then hand sew the opening closed.
5. Hand stitch the top of each wing piece onto the body in the position you see in the picture above.
6. Enjoy your new friend.