Instructions for one apple:
1. First of all, print out the pattern. Trace the apple shape on a fabric that is doubled and with right sides facing. Cut the two apples pieces then out and pin together. Trace the leaf shape onto green felt and cut it out.
2. Sew the apple together, leaving an opening for turning. At the same time, cut a piece of red ribbon and fold in half to a loop. Insert the loop between the two apple layers at the top and middle. The loop should be facing downwards. Pin in place to hold. Both open ends are located at the edge of the apple. Once you sew around the apple, this will also hold the loop permanently in place.
3. Turn the apple and stuff lightly. Now sew the edge close.
4. Use your sewing machine and sew around the apple using a fancy stitch. You may need to press the stuffing away from the edge so your pressure foot will go easily around the apple.
5. Once your apple has been stitched around, sew a button and leaf to the top of it.
A checked print has a great country look to it.
Why not use stripes? Red print fabric is always a great choice.