1. Print out the pattern so that the height of the tree is 14 cm and create a permanent template out of cardboard. Then cut out two 10x15 cm rectangles out of the felt and place them on top of each other. Place the template on the felt and then the ruler exactly on the edge of the tree and cut the shape out. Repeat for the two remaining sides.
2. Then sew the two long sides together. The bottom remains open for the time being.
3. Stuff the tree with batting. Spread glue on one end of the stick and place it inside the bottom of the tree, centered. About 4 cm of the stick should remain visible.
4. Sew now both bottom edges as far as you can until you reach the stick.
5. Drill a 4 mm hole in the center of the wood slice.
6. Press the stick into the hole so that the bottom of the stick reaches the bottom of the hole. It is not necessary to glue the stick because the hole and stick are both 4 mm and the stick fits tightly into the hole. If it should wobble, you can add glue if you want.
7. Glue embellishments onto the tree as you like.