1. Trace and cut out pattern pieces.
2. Laying the 2 sides together, sew about 1/4 from the cutting line, leaving the bottom open.
3. Stuff the snowman with batting, and once firm, hand sew the bottom together.
4. Cut out long piece of felt for scarf and cut out a piece of felt that is 2 1/2 wider than the head plus seam allowance. The height varies according to height of desired hat size plus seam allowance plus about 1/2 to roll the hat 1 time up.
5. Form a tube out of the hat piece and sew on the longer edge a straight line about 1/4 from edge. Once sewn, cut back seam allowance to about 1/8. Fit hat onto head and use a couple of stitches to secure. Tie scarf around his neck.
6. Using the matching threads, sew eyes, nose and buttons onto the snowmen.