1. Measure your book when opened (2 x book front plus width of the book spine) and cut felt to this width plus 1 centimeter seam allowance. Cut the height of the felt piece to the same height of the book plus 1 cm seam allowance.
2. Cut two felt pieces 8 centimeters wide pieces x book height plus 1 cm seam allowance.
3. Sew the two 8 centimeter wide pieces to the book cover as seen in this picture.
4. Cut a quarter of your napkin off and separate the top layer from the bottom layers. Cut a piece of fusible web to the size of the cut napkin. Now place the fusible web square with the glue side up on the ironing board. Place the napkin square over the web with the pretty side up. Place the parchment paper now on both layers and iron without steam until the napkin adheres to the fusible web.
5. When cool, cut out the motifs and remove the paper backing from each one.
6. Place the motifs onto the front side of the cover and then parchment paper over the motifs. Iron the motifs in place and let it cool down.
7. Now you can place your book into the cover and enjoy reading.