1. Print out the pattern and create a permanent template by following the steps in the tutorial “How to Create Permanent Patterns” (link below) and then transfer the markings onto black construction paper using a white pencil. Place a second same sized sheet of construction paper underneath the first one and paper clip or staple them together so that they stay together when cutting through both layers.
2. Carefully cut through both layers of paper either using scissors or a craft knife.
3. Once both layers are cut, set one of them aside for the moment.
4. Glue the brown transparent paper over the basket areas. To create darker color, glue a second piece over the first piece. Glue 2 layers of red paper behind the apples to make them really pretty red. Then glue green paper behind the leaves.
5. Now glue the second black outline over the first, concealing the translucent paper between the layers.