For this project you will need:
- 6mm thick plywood
- pencil for tracing
- red, navy blue and white acrylic paint
- paint brushes
- old toothbrushes (for sprinkling paint onto finished project)
- red and navy blue raffia
- puffy pen
- heating tool such as a blow dryer
- wire for hanging
- wood glue
- templates (see below)
- scroll saw
- sanding block or machine
1. Print out the pattern to fill the printing paper completely and transfer the markings onto the wood. On the pattern you will see how many times each piece needs to be traced.
2. Saw each piece out and sand as necessary.
3. Use the picture as a guide and paint the pieces accordingly.
4. Once the paint is dry, dry brush the red and blue edges with white paint. Dry brush the white edges red.
5. Once finished, you can sprinkle color onto the pieces. White on red and blue and red on white. Do this by taking a toothbrush and dipping it into a bit of color. Brush your thumb over the bristles over the wood to cause the paint to sprinkle onto the wood. Do this as long as you please until the desired effect is achieved.
6. Glue the pieces onto the sign.
7. Create raffia bows and glue onto the sign.
8. Drill a hole in both the left and right slat and insert a wire for hanging.