For this project you will need:
- white cardstock measuring15 x 21 cm and folded into a
15 x 10.5 cm card
- white scrap piece of cardstock
- scrapbook paper from the DCVW “Retro Prints the Paper
Stack” - one brown sheet with the blue, beige and white
- textured cardstock in turquoise blue (matching blue in
- dark brown pigment stamp pad
- clear stamp “Happy Birthday” or other stamp of choice
- clear stamp with birds
- clear embossing powder
- embossing heat tool
- 2 turquoise colored half beads
- 3-D foam tape
- jewel glue
- stick glue
- turquoise colored transparent ribbon
- scissors and ruler
1. First adhere the scrapbook papers to the card with stick glue so that the seam is in the middle of the card.
2. Wrap a strip of ribbon over the seam and secure the ends on the inside of the card with tape.
3. Cut a second piece of ribbon and tie to the first. V-cut the ends and shorten if necessary.
4. Use jewel glue to adhere the half beads bead to the card
5. Stamp message and image onto a rectangle out of white cardstock. Add embossing powder to the still wet ink. Shake away excess and emboss with heat tool.
6. Adhere the white rectangle now onto the turquoise cardstock. Cut a 1/4” or .75 mm border around the rectangle.
7. Use 3-D foam tape to adhere the rectangle greeting to the card.