1. Paint the paper tube with white. Let dry. At the bottom of the tube, paint about 1/2 inch black around the tube. Let the paint dry.
2. Using the hot glue gun, glue the styrofoam ball to the top of the tube.
3. Paint the textured snow paste on the styrofoam ball and on the tube until the black marking at the bottom. Around the neck paint the paste into the grooves so the connection of the head to body looks smooth.
4. Cut a piece of the larger knitted tubing to use as the stocking cap. Roll one edge a bit. Place a bit of glue on the top of the head and place the cap over the top covering the glue. Press down. Be careful not to burn your fingers.
5. Tie off the other end of cap with yarn.
6. Cut a long piece of the thinner knitted tubing and wrap around the snowman’s neck like a scarf and tie over and let hang. Tie off the ends with yarn.
7. Cut about 4 inch pieces of raffia and tie together at the top with another piece of raffia.. Insert the long stick in this to give the appearance of a broom and glue if necessary. Glue this to the side of the body as seen in picture.
8. Use the dimensional paint to give the snowman his facial features and buttons down the front of his body and let it dry.
Craft Recipe for Snow! Make your own snow paste by mixing sand with white paint. Mix until the mixture is thick. Apply it with a small craft spatula and let it dry overnight.