1. Cut out a long triangle for the body template out of cardboard.
Trace this template now 6 times onto red cardstock.
2. Create a second triangle by tracing the first template on another piece of cardboard and then removing around 1/2 centimeters from each of the long sides. This will be the beard template. Trace this now 6 times onto white cardstock.
3. Glue the white triangle upside down onto the red one as seen in the picture below.
4. Glue a long 1 cm wide strip of white cardstock onto a long 2 cm wide strip of cardstock.
5. Glue the strips now on the red triangle just over the white one. This is the face and the hat cuff.
6. Turn the piece over and trim the excess paper away.
7. Make 5 more Santas the same way by following steps 3-6.
8. Punch 10 stars out of red cardstock.
9. Punch out 6 red circles and 6 white circles. Add these to the faces and hats.
10. Cut a long piece of thread and double it. The looped end will be the top. Starting at the looped end, sandwich the string between 2 stars. Then leave about 2 cm space and sandwich the string between 2 Santas. Continue in this pattern until all of the stars and Santas are used up. You will end with stars.