For this project you will need:
- 4 pieces of 50 cm or 20 inch chenille, all the same color
- 1 black 4 mm wooden bead for the eyes
- 1 red 4 mm wooden bead for the nose
- hot glue (parents please supervise) or as an alternative, a
thick craft glue
- craft knife (parents please help with this step)
Ages: 9 and above
1. Take 3 chenille pieces and braid them together.
2. Now fold this braided piece in half.
3. Fold the piece in half again, so that it is now approximately 5 inches or (12.5 cm).
4. Wrap the 4th chenille piece now around the braid, creating a thick piece. Cut excess chenille away.
5. Now bend the chenille in a worm shape - use the picture as an example how it could look.
6. Parents help with this step: place one black bead on the table with the hole facing up. Use the craft knife and press down on the hole causing the bead to divide in half. Glue both halves on the face as eyes.
7. Now also divide the red bead in the same manner. Use only one half and glue on as a nose.
More Chenille Animals: Chenille Bear Chenille Chick Chenille Easter Bunny Chenille Pig Chenille Mouse Chenille Crow