1. Print out the pattern and cut both the wings and body twice out. Remember to cut the second pieces always out in reverse.
2. Adhere the two wing pieces together by running a line of glue along the backside edge of the wings. Leave about an 4 cm or 1 1/2 inch opening for inserting the stuffing.
3. Press batting into opening using a knitting needle or other long and thin object to push the batting into all corners of the wings. Once you have the amount you like, seal off the wings with glue.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the body. Once finished, adhere the body to the wings.
5. Now you want to add 3 layers of varnish to both sides of the butterfly. Let the varnish dry completely between each layer.
6. Use as desired.