1. First double sided adhesive tape was wrapped all away around the bottom of a bottle.
2. The paper backing was then removed from the tape.
3. Then press one end of the yarn at the very bottom edge of the bottle to cover the tape and then tautly wrap the yarn around the bottle. Try not to leave any gaps when wrapping each new row and press the yarn against the bottle occasionally as you are wrapping.
4. When you want to add a new color, just cut the end and press against the tape. Then press the new end against the cut end and simply continue wrapping.
5. Then continue again with the next color. If your tape is getting low, just add another row of it as necessary.
6. When you get to the neck of the bottle, it will start to taper off. When you apply more tape, it will become more wrinkly. That is not a problem. Just press the tape against the bottle as much as possible and make sure there is little air under the wrinkles. Once you wrap the bottle with the yarn, the wrinkles will not be seen. The yarn will also want to slide more upwards as the bottle begins to taper so especially pay attention to that area while wrapping to push the yarn back in place. Once more rows are added, the yarn will stay in place. As you reach the slender and straight neck of the bottle, this will not occur anymore. Then continue until you reach the top of the bottle.