1. Tear the decopatch paper out in different size pieces. Larger pieces for larger areas and smaller pieces for more delicate sections such as the feet or head. Cut out the flowers and set aside for later.
2. Apply decopatch glue to the portion of the turtle to be covered and then press the paper into the glue. Now add more glue to the paint brush and “paint” the paper with decopatch glue. This seals the paper and gives it a nice shine afterwards when dry.
3. Overlap this piece with another piece of paper and apply in the same manner. Keep adding more paper in the appropriate colors until the entire turtle is covered.
4. Apply a couple of flowers to the shell.
5. Glue on half beads for eyes.
The paper used for the turtle looked like this. The flowers were individually cut out to embellish the turtle after the green paper had been applied.