Instructions for a one sided snail:
1. Print out the snail pattern and transfer the pattern on the appropriate colored cardboard. You will need 1 snail body, 1 snail shells, 5 leaves of which 2 are “munched” (see pattern).
2. Cut out all of the pieces.
3. Color the edges of each piece with a colored pencil that is a shade darker. This gives them more depth.
4. Draw the face details on the snail.
5. Glue one leaf at the bottom of the snail body and glue one peeking out from behind the snail. Then glue on the snail shell.
6. Arrange and glue the remaining leaves at the bottom of the snail. Leave the snail tail showing a little bit.
7. Cut two small pointed pieces out to use as “feelers” and glue them behind the head.
8. When all pieces are glued, find the middle of the snail and poke a hole with a needle and tie a piece of thread through the hole for hanging.
If you would like the snail to be two-sided, just double the amount of pieces and cut those out in reverse. Then glue the pieces to the backside of the snail, matching the shapes so it will look perfect from both sides.