1. In each of the 8 points of the octagon, drill a deep hole into the wood. Between these holes, drill another hole so that you have a total of 16 holes.
2. Insert a nail in each hole.
3. Starting at one of the holes, wrap the beginning of the yarn once around the nail. Leave the loose end hanging for tying off later. Direct the the yarn to the nail directly across and wrap it around that nail. Work clockwise. Direct the yarn to the nail next to the beginning of the first nail, wrap it around that nail and again go across to the nail next to the second nail. You will continue going around with this process until all of the nails have been used.
4. End at the first nail and tie the yarn to the first hanging piece and clip the ends.
5. Take the octagon to a well ventilated room or outdoors. Spray the whole piece with sealer and let it completely dry. Make sure all of the layers are saturated. Once dry it should feel stiff. If not, spray again and let it dry again.
6. Once dry and stiff, remove the nails and take the piece off of the octagon.
7. Use a thin piece of thread as a hanger.