1. Heat the coconut fat in a pot until it just melts and the liquid is clear.
2. Add the birdfood mixture to the clear liquid and stir thoroughly.
3. Fill the coffee cup with the mixture. There may be some left over. See the right hand column about what to do with the remaining mixture.
4. Place a stick into the mixture. Here the stick was placed in the middle but the next time, it might be better if it is placed at the bottom to give the birds more room to reach inside the cup. Store the cup (and yoghurt cup) either outside (if the temperatures are freezing) or in the refrigerator or freezer until the fat hardnens and the mixture is very solid.
5. Tie a ribbon or cord to the handle of the cup. Tie it at two places to help keep the cup straight when hanging. Otherwise it may tend to tilt in one direction or the other. Then hang the cup on a branch and wait for the birdies to come enjoy their treat.