1. You should be familiar with the crazy patch technique. Fabric pieces get sewn and added at random to one another and sewn together. There is no set pattern to use.
2. Once you have a larger piece sewn, cut 2 triangle forms out and place them on each other with rightsides up and batting sandwiched in between the pieces, and pin all 3 layers together. From brown felt, cut a small piece about 2” x 1”, fold in the middle so that it forms a small trunk for the tree and insert at the bottom of the tree so that only a small piece is seen.
4. Sew the layers together 1/4 inch from the triangle cut line, being careful not to cut the felt.
5. Using pinking shears, cut about 1/4 inch on the green fabric from sewing line to form a zickzack edge as seen in the picture.
6. With a needle, insert a gold thread at the top of the tree to form a loop for hanging.