1. First of all, place the pumpkins on shishkabob sticks and paint them orange. Let them dry before continuing.
2. Brush on the glue on the entire pumpkin.
3. Place a piece of paper under your work. Shake orange sand all over the pumpkin surface and cover the glue. Shake off excess onto the paper.
4. Then pour the remains of the sand back into the container for further use another time.
5. Cut the twigs into appropriate sizes. Take an embossing stift or knitting needle and poke a hole in the top center of the pumpkins and then insert the twig. Our twigs held without glue but if you want, add a drop of glue to the hole to guarantee that the twig will stay in place.