1. Print out the pattern and have it enlarged (at a copy shop) so that the height of the lantern measures at least 12 cm or 4.8 inches. This will guarantee that the lantern is wide enough for the tea light candle.
2. Transfer the pattern and the inner markings onto navy blue cardstock.
3. First cut out the sailboat motifs.
4. Use your stylus and score all of the inside lines for easier folding.
5. Tear a piece of white fiber paper large enough to cover the sails. Tear a piece of red fiber paper large enough to cover the boat. Adhere the pieces to the “inside” of the lantern on both sides.
6. Fold the lantern together and add glue to the flaps so that can be pressed inside.
7. Adhere the flaps to the inside of the lantern and let dry.
8. Punch a small hole at the center top of each side wall.
9. Cut a piece of wire and curl up the ends. Insert the wire into the holes as a handle.
10. Add tea light.