1. Tear out assorted colored strips of transpaper out that are at least as wide as the aperature of the flower and around 1-2 centimeters high. If the strips are wider than the flower, that is not a problem. The excess paper width can be cut away later.
2. Print out the flower template and glue it onto the backside of a cereal box and then cut it out.
3. Paper clip the two sheets of construction paper together. Trace the flower lines onto a sheet of the black construction paper with a light colored pencil. Cut out both flowers simultaneously so they will be exactly the same.
4. Now trace the flower onto the white transparent paper and cut it out. It should be slightly smaller than the outer edges of the flower. Glue this transparent paper flower now to the backside of one of the construction paper flowers.
5. Now you can start gluing the strips of paper onto the flower.
6. Continue until the flower is covered. Add glue around the edges and then glue the second flower onto the flower, matching the edges.