1. Cut 5 x 1 cm strips of paper. The strips should be the following lengths: 30, 29, 28, 27 and 26 centimeters.
2. Punch a hole in each end of each strip, centered and 1 cm from the edge.
3. Fold each strip in half and place each of the strips over each other, lining up the folds. The shortest strip is on top and the longest on the bottom.
4. Now fold all strips closed together and punch a hole through all layers and insert a brad to hold closed.
5. Fold now the top ends down towards the middle to create a heart form.
6. Insert a brad through all layers to hold these together.
7. Tie a string to the brad for hanging.