To make this bag you will need: A sewing machine, thread, scissors, a quilter’s ruler (15 x 60 centimeter ruler is best), rotary cutter, cutting mat, water soluble marker and/ or chalk pencil for marking lines and the following:
- Two rectangles of fabric measuring 58 x 55 centimeters. These are the basic bag pieces. (You are not limited to these sizes.
These are the sizes used for this particular bag.)
- One piece of fabric measuring 30 x 58 centimeters. This will be the inside pocket strip. (If you use your own measurements,
this piece should be the same width you used for your basic bag pieces.)
- Two rectangles of lining fabric each measuring 58 x 55 centimeters. (If you cut your own measurements, the lining pieces will
be cut the same size as the fabric for the exterior of the bag)
- Two long pieces of fabric (your choice and for this bag, the same fabric for the exterior was used) 14 x 70 centimeters. These
will be for the handles.
- One magnetic closure set
- A small piece of interfacing to strengthen the area of the magnetic closure.
- Two pieces of interfacing, each measuring 30 centimeters high x 58 centimeters wide to strengthen the pocket (or the width
of your own custom measurements of your bag)
- If your fabric is thin, you will need additional interfacing that is cut the same size as the fabric pieces
- Masking tape