1. Iron on the interfacing to the backside of each of the fabric pieces. Now layer the pieces like a sandwich in this manner:
1 printed fabric piece facing up
1 piece of batting
1 lining fabric, face down (this is the side you will see inside the box)
2. Sew an “x” through each sandwich to hold the layers together.
3. Decide which of the 5 squares will be the bottom. Sew now the remaining 4 pieces on each side of the bottom piece so that you have what looks like a cross shape. The seam allowances are facing outwards
4. Take two sides together and sew them so that the seam allowance is on the outside. Do this with the remaining 3 sides so that your box is now complete.
5. Stich across the entire top of the box to close off the fabric. If your box seems a bit flimsy, sew a diagonal stich across each of the top 4 corners, about 2 centimeters from the corner to pull the sides a little bit together.