1. Print out the heart to a size that will fit within the lid and let kids trace the heart with a permanent marker onto the lid.
2. Then tear little pieces of red and blue transparent paper.
3. Add glue to the inside of the heart and fill in the heart with the red paper, trying to stay inside the shape.
4. Then add glue to the area outside of the heart shape and fill with the blue paper.
5. Let the project dry. Once dry, poke a hole to the top center of the lid. Then double the thread, place the 2 open ends through the eye of the needle, pull through the hole of the lid and then go through the loop created by the the other end of the thread. Pull tight to secure it. Knot the open ends together and add beads if you like.