Pumpkin Soup Recipe
Ingredients: (ingredients are given in US and metric measurements)
- 8 cups of pumpkin meat
- 2 tablespoons of shortning
- 1/4 cup or 50 grams of flour
- 32 fl. ounces or 1 liter of water
- 3 tablespoons of powder vegetable soup mix for flavoring
- hand mixer with purée function
1. Melt shortning in a large pot. Add the pumpkin meat and coat it with the shortning and fry it until it becomes softer.
2. Add the flour and cook for 30 seconds.
3. Add half of the water and cook on high until the water becomes thicker.
4. Once the water has thickened, turn the burner down to low and add remaining water. Cook about 25 minutes or until pumpkin meat is very soft.
5. Remove from the burner and purée the pumpkin until the soup is liquid and all of the pumpkin is puréed.
6. Add soup seasoning and serve warm with bread.