1. Trace the bat shape twice onto black felt and cut out.
2. Place the wrong sides facing each other (the right sides are on the outside) and begin to sew using blanket stitch. While sewing, carry the fringe yarn along with the thread. You are sewing with the thread to sew the bat together and at the same time using the thread to sew down the fringe yarn in place along the edge of the figure. If necessary, when finished, you may need to pull the fringe out from under the thread so that they stand out more.
3. Before closing off your bat, stuff it lightly with fiber fill.
4. Cut a piece of fringe yarn and create a loop. Sew it to the top of the head between the ears.
5. Sew on two beads for the eyes.