1. First of all, tear the motifs out with a small border. Tearing them instead of cutting them gives the edges a much smoother look to them. That makes it easier to blend later when sponging paint on the in-between areas.
2. Adhere the napkins all around the egg in a pleasing manner. Do not worry about the spaces in between. These will be sponged with color afterwards.
3. Now about the white spaces in between...
4. Apply a light bit of paint to the sponge and now dab paint in the white areas. Try to blend in the paint in a way that it looks like it is part of the napkin background. You can also paint a little over the same colored area of the napkin to give the whole background a more blended look.
5. Once the paint has dried, paint a long wooden rod green. When dry, insert it to the bottom of the egg. Tie on a ribbon bow and grass to decorate.