1. First you will need to glue the craft sticks together. Glue either 6 jumbo sticks together with two cross bars and one diagonal or the backside or glue 9 regular popsicle sticks with two cross bars and one diagonal on the backside. The 2 cross sticks and the diagonal on the backside give the picture extra stability and keep it from shifting.
2. Take your paper napkin and remove all but the top layer. Add decoupage glue to your craft stick picture and “paint” the napkin onto it. Make sure you are careful not to tear the napkin and at the same time, try to catch the napkin into the grooves so you see the cross sticks better when the picture is dry.
3. Any excess napkin can be carefully “painted” onto the backside or cut away. If you paint it to the backside, it has the advantage that the sides of the sticks will also be covered. To do so, cut into the napkin a little at the corners to make the napkin areas easier to be pushed to the backside without tearing.
4. Once dry, drill a small hole in each side of the top cross stick.
5. Spiral curl a piece of wire and insert it into the holes as a hanger.
6. Tie a piece of raffia in a bow and tie to the wire.